House and Land Packages are designed to make finding your new home easy, but with all the options available when you search ‘house and land’, it can all become a bit off a maze.
That’s why we’ve put together this simple guide to help you navigate through all the house and land packages online, and narrow down an option that is best suited to your desired location, budget and home design requirements.
Finding the best House and Land Package
Most builders will include a House and Land section on their website where they will upload generic packages in the most popular suburbs. A lot of the time these will have vague, and possibly outdated information about the suburb and the home design that is included.
If you are looking for up to date pricing, current availability and packages that meet your budget, inclusion and location requirements, it is best to ask the builder directly. You can do this easily online in the following ways:
- Based on your preferred home design
Have you seen a design that you love? Then skip searching through pages of generic house and land packages and enquire directly through the contact form on that home design.
For example, you may love a home from our Diamond Collection, then you can send through something as simple as ‘Can you package this house with a block in Alkimos Beach?’ or ‘Could you create a house and land package with this design in Baldivis for around $450,000’.
Let the builder do the leg work for you, and we can come back with available blocks and pricing to suit your desired home design.
- Based on your requirements checklist
Are you the type of person who knows what they want? Have you already got a budget and a list of inclusions you absolutely need in your new home? Then send it through and let us do the rest.
While some builders only sell the base plans that are available on their site, other builders can help you custom design a home to suit your needs, and available blocks in your chosen area.
Don’t have a checklist yet? Scroll down to find a list of items you may want to consider. Fill out your ‘must haves’ and then send through an enquiry to receive a customized package.
- Coupled with your finance options
Still at the beginning of your house and land search and not even sure of your budget? It’s helpful to know your budget when searching for the perfect home and land package, but it’s even easier if you can couple your finance and house and land package questions through the same enquiry.
With Finance it’s usually a lot faster to have a quick chat on the phone and provide all the details a consultant in a quick call. This will assist your consultant in estimating what house and land packages you could qualify for.
When you send through an enquiry, let the consultant know the best time to call through, so you can streamline the process and get your house and land options sooner.
House and Land Inclusions
Not all house and land packages are created equal, so it’s important to compare apples to apples by checking if the following items are included in any advertised package you find online;
- – Is the package fully finished – Including wall painting, internal flooring and blinds?
- – Has siteworks been included in the package price?
- – Is there still land available in that area for that price? Sometimes house and land packages are based on the cheapest block in the area – quite often this block is long gone.
- – Is the land titled? Sometimes the land advertised has not yet been developed. This means you could be waiting a while before your house can even be built.
- – Are there any developer’s inclusions included with the land?
- – Are there any bonus inclusions being offered by the builder? These may include upgrades or air-conditioning
Your House and Land Checklist
A custom house and land package is the least time-consuming way to get a package that perfectly suits your needs. You can use the checklist below to create a list of ‘must have’ house and land inclusions to provide to your consultant;
- – What features do you want in a home? (No of Bedrooms? Big Kitchen? Separate living areas for a big family?
- – Do you want wall painting, flooring or blinds included?
- – Do you any extras like air-conditioning or dishwashers?
- – What area do you want to live in?
- – What are your block requirements? (Do you need a bigger backyard for kid or pets? Or a triple garage for all your cars?)
- – What is your total budget?
- – When do you ideally want to be moving into your new home?
Once you’ve got your checklist together, just send it through to find out your options.
Have a question?
If you have a house and land question that hasn’t been answered here feel free to send it through via our live chat, or via a contact form on our site.