Australian Privacy Principles
- SSB Pty Ltd T/A Content Living (ABN 71 055 245 308) (Content Living) is bound by the Privacy Act 1988. Content Living collects, stores, uses and discloses information in accordance with Australian Privacy Principles.
Privacy of Content Living Clients and Contractors
- Content Living collects and holds Personal Information about its clients.
- Personal Information collected by Content Living generally comprises of names, address, date of birth, gender, marital status, occupation, contact details and limited financial information.
- Content Living collects personal information whenever a client makes a query or request to Content Living in respect of a product or service provided by Content Living. Content Living collects its information with the consent of the client.
- Content Living collects Personal Information to enable it to:
- Provide its clients with the products and services that they request;
- Provide newsletters with relevant information, products, services or upcoming promotions
- Provide relevant information to contractors to assist Content Living to provide the products and services requested by the client;
- Comply with any Legal obligations, including dealing with local authorities;
- Maintain Content Living’s client relationship;
- In addition, where it is necessary to do so, Content Living may provide Personal Information to its solicitors.
- Content Living also holds information about contractors and consultants who do work for Content Living from time to time.
- Content Living may also hold information from those who seek an employment or contractor relationship with Content Living.
- Content Living holds this information in a secure fashion and, other than as set out above, will not usually disclose this information to anyone else without the consent of the individual. If Content Living at any time has reason to believe that any unauthorized person has gained access, or is likely to gain access, to Personal Information, it will immediately carry out an investigation, take all necessary steps to prevent such access and will notify both the individuals affected and the Information Commissioner.
- Individuals may request access to their personal information stored by Content Living. Individuals can apply for access by making written request to the Managing Director of Content Living. Content Living will retain Personal Information for a period of 7 years after a person has ceased to be a client, a contractor or an employee, after which time, Content Living will destroy the Personal Information.
- Should an individual have a privacy complaint, Content Living requests that the individual contact Content Living to discuss the complaint. Content Living offers a free internal complaint resolution mechanism. An individual may lodge a privacy complaint with Content Living by phoning the Managing Director on 9202 5222.
- Content Living will conduct an investigation of the complaint, and provide a written report on the outcome of that investigation, including any recommended actions. If the individual is not satisfied with the complaint investigation conducted by Content Living, the individual may seek to have the complaint resolved externally.
- Content Living is not likely to disclose Personal Information to recipients overseas.
- Applicants for an employment or contractor relationship with Content Living agree to provide Content Living with all reasonable information relevant to their application, including information required for Occupational Health and Safety reasons. Content Living will destroy this information with a reasonable time if an employment or contractor relationship does not result.
- Where Content Living has received unsolicited Personal Information, Content Living will, as soon as practicable but only if it is lawful and reasonable to do so, destroy the information or ensure the information is de-identified.
- For more details, ring the Managing Director of Content Living on 9202 5222.
Signed for and on behalf of
SSB Pty Ltd T/A Content Living